Advance Your Career as a Cyber Leader
The corporate sector and government agencies have an urgent need for senior leadership capable of balancing strategic business goals, technology modernization, cybersecurity, and risk management.
- 12 percent job growth1
- 546,200 new jobs through 20282
- $120,059 average salary for IT directors3
As Big Data, IoT, and cyber threats play an increasingly influential role in business decisions, professionals with cross-functional skills in technology leadership, risk management, and cybersecurity are in high demand.
At the University of New Haven, we believe the integration of leadership potential, knowledge of technology, and cyber risk management are the defining capabilities in future government and corporate leadership executives. Earning your M.S. in Cybersecurity Management and Leadership will advance your career, prepare you to lead, and make you highly marketable in the technology-driven world of business and government.
Chief Information Security Officer
CISOs oversee all information security functions for their organization. They ensure company security policies and procedures are effective, respond to security breaches, and lead teams of IT and cybersecurity professionals who maintain daily operations.
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Computer and information systems managers, also known as information technology managers, direct all technology-related operations in their company. They ensure information security, plan and direct hardware and software maintenance, and keep up with industry trends to identify areas for tech improvement.
Additional Cybersecurity Jobs:
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Chief Risk Management Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief Data Officer
- Director of Information Technology
- Government IT Acquisition Leader
- Cybersecurity Consultant
Request More Information
Our team of experts is here to answer your questions and provide additional details about online program offerings, financial aid, and more. Submit this form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
Graduate With the Skills You Need for Success
When you complete the online M.S. in Cybersecurity Management and Leadership program, you will be able to:
- Lead cybersecurity functions within organizations and mitigate cybersecurity risk associated with operating within the contemporary business environment.
- Demonstrate the competencies associated with reestablishing business operations following cybersecurity incidents.
- Communicate effectively during crisis situations.
- Understand the security, compliance, and privacy implications of emerging technologies.
Our nationally-recognized Career Development Center can support you during your program and help you find a job after graduation.
Contact us at 203.479.4858 to learn more.
Career Development Center
Through interview prep, salary negotiation tips, and more, we’ll prepare you for the next step in your career.
Access our active global network of more than 60,000 alumni to make meaningful professional connections.
Our dedicated faculty are committed to your success and provide the personal attention you need to thrive professionally and academically.
Explore your strengths and make informed career decisions with the Focus 2 assessment tool.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computer and Information Technology Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm.
- Payscale, Average Information Technology Director Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Information_Technology_(IT)_Director/Salary.
- Payscale, Average Chief Information Security Officer Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Chief_Information_Security_Officer/Salary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computer and Information Systems Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/computer-and-information-systems-managers.htm.