Advance Your Career as a Leader in the Accounting Field
Due to factors like globalization and a complex regulatory environment, trained accounting leaders continue to be in demand. Businesses of all types need accounting professionals who can think critically, solve problems, and analyze financial data.
- 6 percent job growth1
- $134,302 average salary for CFOs2
- 90,700 new jobs through 20281
Corporate controllers coordinate all the financial operations of an organization. They oversee reporting and compliance to ensure accuracy, as well as managing budgets, investments, and assets.
Managerial accounts develop and manage an organization’s financial and bookkeeping systems. They assess risk, plan budgets, and prepare reports that enable stakeholders to make informed financial decisions.
Additional Accounting jobs:
- Chief financial officer
- Financial analyst
- Forensic accountant
- Certified public accountant
Request More Information
Our team of experts is here to answer your questions and provide additional details about online program offerings, financial aid, and more. Submit this form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
Gain Valuable Skills for Continued Success
When you complete the online M.S. in Accounting program, you will:
- Have the 150 hours of education necessary for CPA licensure.
- Specialize in one of several fields connected with accounting careers.
- Apply new skill sets for professional advancement.
Our nationally-recognized Career Development Center can support you during your program and help you find a job after graduation.
Contact us at 203.479.4858 to learn more.
Career Development Center
Through interview prep, salary negotiation tips, and more, we’ll prepare you for the next step in your career.
Access our active global network of more than 60,000 alumni to make meaningful professional connections.
Our dedicated faculty are committed to your success and provide the personal attention you need to thrive professionally and academically.
Explore your strengths and make informed career decisions with the Focus 2 assessment tool.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Accountants and Auditors. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm.
- Payscale, Average Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Chief_Financial_Officer_(CFO)/Salary.
- Payscale, Average Corporate Controller Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Corporate_Controller/Salary.
- Payscale, Average Managerial Accounting Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Managerial_Accounting/Salary.