Accounting Jobs & Careers
Advance Your Career as a Leader in the Accounting Field
Due to factors like globalization and a complex regulatory environment, trained accounting leaders continue to be in demand. Businesses of all types need accounting professionals who can think critically, solve problems, and analyze financial data.
- 6 percent job growth1
- $140,827 average salary for CFOs2
- 136,400 new jobs through 20281
The University of New Haven’s online M.S. in Accounting prepares you for a wide range of accounting and auditing careers. A concentration option in Accounting Analytics (STEM) gives you the skills you need to pursue rewarding and lucrative accounting jobs.
Corporate controllers coordinate all the financial operations of an organization. They oversee reporting and compliance to ensure accuracy, as well as oversee budgets, investments, and assets.
Managerial accountants develop and manage an organization’s financial and bookkeeping systems. They assess risk, plan budgets, and prepare reports that enable stakeholders to make informed financial decisions.
Additional accounting jobs:
- Chief financial officer
- Financial analyst
- Certified public accountant
Request More Information
Our team of experts is here to answer your questions and provide additional details about online program offerings, financial aid, and more. Submit this form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
Gain Valuable Skills for Continued Success
When you complete the online M.S. in Accounting program, you will:
- Have the 150 hours of education necessary for CPA licensure.*
- Specialize in one of several fields connected with accounting careers.
- Apply new skill sets for professional advancement.
M.S. in Accounting: Accounting Analytics Concentration
This STEM-designated concentration features cutting-edge topics like database management, data visualization, and machine learning to enhance your knowledge in an emerging skill area.
Our nationally recognized Career Development Center can support you during your program and help you find a job after graduation.
Contact us at 203.479.4858 to learn more.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Accountants and Auditors. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm.
- Payscale, Average Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Chief_Financial_Officer_(CFO)/Salary.
- Payscale, Average Corporate Controller Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Corporate_Controller/Salary.
- Payscale, Average Managerial Accounting Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Managerial_Accounting/Salary.
*Click here to learn more about licensure information for the online MS in Accounting program.
*Please note that students cannot earn CPA certification simply by earning a college degree. Some state licensing board regulations include narrow educational requirements such as specific semester hours in accounting and business courses, and there are additional considerations such as experience, age and residency that must be considered.