Prepare for Success in the Business of Healthcare
As our healthcare system becomes increasingly complex, trained leaders are needed to solve problems and develop innovative solutions that increase efficiency, contain costs, and maximize patient care quality.
- 18% job growth1
- $96,940 annual salary for administrative services managers 2
- 71,600 new jobs through 20281
The online Master of Healthcare Administration from the University of New Haven prepares students for a wide range of leadership roles within the global healthcare workforce. Graduates have the knowledge to work in all aspects of healthcare management, including operations management, patient experience, healthcare IT, supply chain management, insurance, and clinical management.
To ensure success, every student in the online MHA program receives career development coaching. You will meet with a dedicated mentor at the beginning and end of your program to identify which areas of healthcare could be the best fit for you and identify potential job opportunities.
Medical and Health Services Manager
Also known as healthcare executives or healthcare administrators, medical and health services managers are responsible for planning and coordinating healthcare service delivery. They recruit new employees, implement organizational improvements, monitor finances, and more. Possible employment settings include medical practices, nursing homes, and clinical departments.
As one of the top healthcare administration jobs, hospital administrators play an essential role in ensuring the daily operations of a hospital run smoothly and effectively. They oversee staff, manage budgets, and track organizational goals. In their daily work, hospital administrators work closely with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
Additional Healthcare Administration jobs:
- Administrative services manager
- Healthcare operations manager
- Health insurance operations director
- Medical practice manager
- Healthcare program coordinator
Request More Information
Our team of experts is here to answer your questions and provide additional details about online program offerings, financial aid, and more. Submit this form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
When you complete your online healthcare administration degree, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Improved competency across the 11 core competencies of health care administration on the Peregrine Healthcare Administration exam with a higher outbound exam score versus inbound exam score.
- Competence in understanding health systems and organizations.
- Competence in understanding organizational climate and culture.
- Competence in healthcare information technology.
- Competence in healthcare financial management.
- Competence in health law and policy.
- Competence in personal and professional accountability.
- Competence in data analysis.
- Competence in communication and relationship management.
- Competence in critical thinking and decision making.
- Competence in leadership skills and behavior.
Our nationally-recognized Career Development Center can support you during your program and help you find a job after graduation.
Contact us at 203.479.4858 to learn more.
Career Development Center
Through interview prep, salary negotiation tips, and more, we’ll prepare you for the next step in your career.
Access our active global network of more than 60,000 alumni to make meaningful professional connections.
Our dedicated faculty are committed to your success and provide the personal attention you need to thrive professionally and academically.
Explore your strengths and make informed career decisions with the Focus 2 assessment tool.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical and Health Services Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Administrative Services Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/administrative-services-managers.htm.
- Payscale, Average Hospital Administrator Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Hospital_Administrator/Salary.