Make a Positive Impact in Your Community as a Public Health Leader
Take the next step in your career with the University of New Haven’s 100% online Master of Public Health (MPH) program. This interdisciplinary program gives you the soft and technical skills needed for success in the rewarding field of public health.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Earn a STEM-Designated Degree for Tomorrow’s Public Health Practice
The University of New Haven’s online Master of Public Health combines fundamental public health topics with opportunities to pursue focused coursework in global health, health education and promotion, and health informatics.
Our program’s mission is to prevent disease, promote health, achieve health equity, and protect the well-being of all populations through education, research, and service. We achieve this goal through an emphasis on leadership, advocacy, and communication. Students learn from faculty trained at world-class institutions who are experts in their fields
The online MPH degree is one of the only programs of its kind in the nation that are STEM-designated, so students gain relevant skill sets for today’s workplace and the technical expertise employers want.
As a student in the University of New Haven’s STEM-designated online Master of Public Health program, you will complete a rigorous curriculum of generalist public health coursework and have the option to specialize your studies in one of three focus areas: global health, health education and promotion, and health informatics.Curriculum Details
When you complete the online Master of Public Health program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking, creativity, and academic rigor along with the knowledge, skills, and values necessary for public health practice.
- Engage in collaborative research that addresses the needs of populations we serve with emphasis on the practical application of research to these communities.
- Create strong sustainable partnerships that will improve local and global community health through collaborative efforts.
The University of New Haven’s online MPH degree prepares you for leadership roles in public health practice. With employment of community and social services managers expected to grow much faster than the national average through 2028,1 skilled public health experts are in high demand.Explore Career Outlook
To apply for the online Master of Public Health from the University of New Haven, you’ll need:
- A completed online application
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or recognized institution from another country
- A 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- An up-to-date résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A Statement of Purpose (~250 words)
- Two letters of recommendation from your professors or employers
For additional admission information, visit the link below.Admission Requirements
We are proud to offer competitive tuition and high-quality learning opportunities for our students. The online MPH degree is $721 per credit hour and includes 42 credits. To find out more about tuition and fees, visit the link below.Get Tuition Details
Learn from Public Health Experts
Our world-class faculty are experienced practitioners who bring extensive public health research and valuable field insight to the online classroom. They are teaching-focused and dedicated to helping you achieve your academic and professional goals.Meet Our Faculty
The online degrees available from the University of New Haven are designed for working professionals and busy adults. As a student, you’ll benefit from flexible program delivery and the same academic rigor as our on-campus programs.Learn More
A graduate degree is an investment in your future. We want to make sure you have the information and resources you need to fund your studies. Explore transfer credit options, military benefits, federal aid, and more.Tuition and Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to commonly asked questions about online learning at the University of New Haven. If you need additional information that’s not covered here, our admissions team can help. Contact us or call 855.474.8465.
No thesis or dissertation is required for graduation.
Students can transfer up to six credits into the program. Keep in mind that at least 30 credit hours of coursework must be completed with the University of New Haven to graduate.
While work experience is not required, prospective students submit a résumé as part of their application for the Master of Public Health program.
Our application process is designed to be quick, easy, and stress-free. No GRE or GMAT scores are required for admission.
Our term start dates are in January, May, and August.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Social and Community Services Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and-community-service-managers.htm.