Advance Your Career in the Rapidly Growing Esports Industry
The esports industry is on the rise, with factors like increased audience engagement, expanding live streaming platforms, and improved event infrastructure driving this impressive growth.1 Skilled professionals who can oversee projects, support senior leadership, and develop business strategies to shape this emerging field are in high demand.
- Global market is expected to reach $6.82 billion by 20271
- North America had the largest revenue share in 2021, at 37%1
- Audience of 728.8 million people in 2021 (10% year-over-year growth)2
Earning your online M.S. in Esports Business from the University of New Haven gives you the specialized skills you need for a wide range of esports careers. Turn your passion for gaming into professional success with this interdisciplinary, real-world degree.
Marketing managers analyze consumer information and market data to understand demand for products or services. They oversee campaigns, communicate with clients, and monitor industry trends. In the esports field, marketing managers might identify ways to reach new potential consumers or develop strategies to market their products on esports platforms.
Project managers work with various departments to plan, coordinate, and strategize ways to deliver objects on time and on budget. They assign team resources to projects and monitor progress to ensure key benchmarks and goals are met. Esports project managers might facilitate new program development or oversee the planning of live events.
Additional Esports Careers:
- Esports manager
- Event manager
- Event coordinator
- Facility manager
- Gaming manager
- Operations manager
Request More Information
Our team of experts is here to answer your questions and provide additional details about online program offerings, financial aid, and more. Submit this form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
Succeed as a Future Leader in Esports
When you complete the online M.S. in Esports Business program, you will be able to:
- Analyze the motivations and opportunities of stakeholders in esports.
- Evaluate the markets facing an esports organization for potential opportunities and / or efficiencies.
- Evaluate the impact of future domestic and international demographic shifts on the profitability of a potential esports opportunity or existing property.
- Incorporate analysis of fan behavior into a marketing strategy for an esports property.
- Develop a marketing plan for an esports organization.
- Critically evaluate the business rationale for engaging specific groups of esports stakeholders.
- Analyze the value proposition of select esports genres & titles.
- Evaluate an esports organization’s use of best practices with regard to the health of its participants.
- Develop a plan for leading organizational change to incorporate diversity and inclusion.
- Develop a plan for an esports tournament organizer to implement integrity measures to safeguard the principles of fair and clean competition.
- Develop an engagement plan for both endemic and non-endemic sponsors as part of an esports event.
- Develop a strategy to deploy an online live-streaming broadcast.
Our nationally recognized Career Development Center can support you during your program and help you find a job after graduation.
Contact us at 203.479.4858 to learn more.
- Grand View Research. Esports Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Revenue Source (Sponsorship, Advertising, Merchandise & Tickets, Media Rights), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027. Retrieved from https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/esports-market.
- Newzoo Global Esports Market Report 2020. Highlights. Retrieved from https://newzoo.com/insights/trend-reports/newzoo-global-esports-market-report-2020-light-version/.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm.
- Payscale, Average Project Manager Salary. Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Project_Manager%2C_(Unspecified_Type_%2F_General)/Salary.